Water of Leith Conservation Trust's latest newsletter has an update on the landslip near Dean Village: legal proceedings are on hold while technical investigations continue.
Below is a statement from City of Edinburgh Council's Natural Heritage Service please direct any queries to naturalheritageservice [at] edinburgh.gov.uk
· The Council (“CEC”) has raised legal proceedings against a number of parties in respect of the landslip at the Dean Path
· These proceedings have been paused pending further investigations by technical experts appointed by CEC and other parties respectively
· Before steps can be taken to reopen the path, the causes of the slippage require to be identified and measures to prevent further slippage implemented
· Public safety and future amenity of the area remain paramount
· Technical investigations are progressing well and CEC is in close communication with all relevant parties to identify a suitable solution
· Once a practical solution is identified it will require agreement between CEC and the neighbouring owner(s)
· The “pause” comes to an end in Spring 2019 and a decision will then require to be taken on further procedure. This may either be to further pause the case (if discussions are progressing well) or progressing with one or all of the actions.